Thursday, November 13, 2008

Arcturus

friend: I went to the ATL aquarium yesterday and saw a whale sharks and beluga whales. There was a giant manta ray that I envisioned riding with Amon Amarth playing in the background.
me: Lol at picturing you looking at it with that in your head
friend: I mean, does viking metal and aquatic life go together even?
because they should
friend: there's Mastodon's Leviathan, which I actually enjoy because of the sea theme lol
me: see: arcturus
friend: oh yeah
me: they are probably the single most confused band ive ever seen. ok, a "true norwegian black metal" band who dress in circus outfits, ok, but also have a pirate theme and yet sing about space travel.
me: featuring hellhammer on skins.
friend: O_o, for real
me: that is the face i made, yes. they are also terrible
friend: I've never listened to them.
but i can imagine it being
confused
me: theyre seriously godawful, and i like a lot of crap
lol
speaking from the heart^
friend: I know exactly what you mean. I'm going to listen to them
wait
?












me: ok yes lets bring a revolutionary war motif into the mix
friend: lol
me: that wont confuse anything
god fuck these guys
friend: "why not?"
me: also, is that a crystal ball?
friend: goddamn
me: "we love to dress up! whatever the style"
friend: "Photo shoot?! hell yeah! Knut, do you still own those adult size squirrel outfits?!"
"I burned them"
"Fuck it, we'll go revolutionary"
me: hahahaha hellhammer: "can i hold this crystal ball?" steinar: "like im gonna stop you!!!" *all hug*
friend: holy shit
me: oh to tour the arcturus costume shop















friend: "the belly pooch works"




























me: arcturus tour '09?



















friend: Oslo tour:






























me: steinar greets fans:




























friend: lol
me: Categories: Heavy metal musical groups | Avant-garde metal musical groups | Norwegian heavy metal musical groups | Symphonic metal musical groups | Norwegian black metal musical groups | Musical groups established in 1987 | Symphonic black metal musical groups | Supergroups
me: Formed from a mold of popular rock and roll in the costume of black metal, Arcturus anchor their music with cruising beats and "inspirational"/"emotional" pulsing keyboards backed by acoustic guitars.
friend: huge smiles
me: "inspirational"
friend: cruising beats
friend: actual lol
me: omg a song called "3. Whence & Whither Goest The Wind (5:15)"
that is the kinda shit im talking about
fuck this band
friend: I'm in agreeance.
me: hellhammer <3 you, hate your current hair, politics and band
sorry
omg, one more thing: this is like the 5th image search result for "arcturus costume"

















friend: HOLY L O L
GOOGLE IS OTM